Last year I had the awesome opportunity to be a part of their first event, so when the Queen City Mom Prom committee asked me to come back for the second year I was absolutely flattered and incredibly excited! Last year’s event was such a wonderful success in raising funds for Cookies for Kids Cancer (an amazing national non-profit organization committed to raising funds for research into new, improved therapies for pediatric cancer) that I knew even more amazing things would happen this year…and goodness amazing doesn’t even begin to describe it!
In their inaugural year, The Queen City Mom Prom raised $20,000 for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer….and this year? Are you ready for this?! Drum roll please…
The 2013 Queen City Mom Prom raised $30,000!!! Wow wow wow!!!
- Marnae Costa of Huntersville, N.C., whose daughter, Torie, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Rhabdomysarcoma in June 2012 just two days after completing her junior year at Hough High.
- Ann Dang of Huntersville, whose son, Carter, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma in November 2011 at age 1.
- Maggie Laskowski of Harrisburg, N.C., who’s 5-year-old son Jackson has been fighting a very rare form of pediatric cancer since 2010.
- Dana Nino of Cornelius, N.C., whose daughter, Christen, was diagnosed with Burkitts Lymphoma (a form of non-Hodgkins) in 2011.
- Jackie Thorne of Waxhaw, N.C., whose son, Christopher, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma, which he battled for over 16 months before succumbing to the disease earlier this year at just 2 years old.
From the fun pink carpet step & repeat, to the crowned Prom Queens, to the energetic flash mob dance to the shenanigans in the photo booth…2013′s Mom Prom was truly memorable.
I truly am honored to be a part of the Mom Prom vendor team…What an amazing honor to be a part of an incredibly fun event that raises money for an incredible charity. Thank you to all the committee members and Mom Prom attendees who asked me to come back this year!
To view and download all the images from The Queen City Mom Prom….FOR FREE…..please visit: http://thembaimagery.pass.us/momprom2013/
In celebration of Queen City’s Mom Prom, all portrait sessions for Mom Prom attendees receive a $50 discount off their session AND a complimentary $50 print credit! To book your session please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and hurry, sessions are booked on a first come, first serve basis and only limited spots are available for 2013. Don’t forget…a portion of every session booked with Themba Imagery is donated to a charity of the clients choice! Booking your session means you will not only have great memories captured for you and your loved ones, but that you will also be helping others at the same time!
Special Thank You to all the amazing sponsors who made Mom Prom possible!
For a complete list of other vendors who donated their time and products check out http://www.queencitymomprom.com/sponsors.html